Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Application #2
I don't think that what I read in the book Sophie's world over break can be very well connected with my life. Honestly, this book is just really starting to creep me out. I guess the only connection that sort of resonated with me was the reference to a lightbulb going off above a cartoon character's head as an indication of understanding. I'm really interested in etymology so Alberto's break down of the word "idea" really did fascinate me. It reminded me of how my advanced placement French teacher, Mr. McMullan, always goes through word origins when we learn new vocabulary to help us understand the true meaning of the word and how it came about. This portion of the book also made me think about languages in general because there really are tons and tons of languages out there in the world; there are probably more languages than I think there are! Anywho the book is just getting much further away from reality and harder to connect my own life with, but I do believe what Alberto was saying about God and nature because I feel like nature is proof of God's existence. Nothing can be this beautiful and terrifying and well structured without some high power and that's just it.

1 comment: