Thursday, December 11, 2014

Philosophy connects with my life in countless ways. First and foremost it relates to me religiously. I'm Christian an I definitely beleive that I was born for a reason and through following Gods word I can achieve my destiny or whatever he has planned for me. Philosophy also connects with my life all the time when I close a door. I always wonder if rooms just disappear when they're out of sight. Or when I close a paint can what color the paint is. I'm excited about this class because it's great that we can talk about these paradoxes all the time. A lot of times thinking about philosophical business makes my brain hurt, but I feel like this class will be a good chance to set aside some time to think where I'm not the only one who is confused. I guess there's some comfort infighting things out with other people who are going through the same struggle as me.Take outer space for example; I hate thinking about it because the planet and furthermore the whole universe is entirely too big for me to wrap my head around. If I'm just a a tiny speck of dust, what right do I have to worry about my purpose?

2 comments: