Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Reflection

Alright so I feel like I owe you another reflection and another application blog, so here they are. I'm just gonna talk about the rest of the book because I'm not certain what part these two were originally meant to be for. After "Garden Party" I was very very interested in finding out what would become of Alberto and Sophie. Are book characters allowed to leave books? And how does Hilde's dad not know about the plan to escape? I also considered the idea that no one is real and even Hilde and her father are a figment of someone's imagination and that is how Alberto and Sophie can get 'out'. Because they aren't really out they're just on something like a higher level in this imaginary world. Maybe it's all the real author's world within a world. I kinda tied it back to something like inception where there were different levels within levels with the dreaming. How does anybody know they're real or the world that they are living in really exists. Hilde is basically in the same place that Sophie was in at the beginning. We don't know whether she's even real or not. This brings me to the fact that Sophie and Alberto can't even speak to people a level up. Maybe people in alternate universes are unable to really interact, but then again how does Hilde's dad affect Sophie's world? That's one question that I asked myself for a while- where did Hilde's dad acquire the power to control this whole thing anyway? Certainly everyone in Hilde's world is not able to create little crazy worlds in books.

No comments:

Post a Comment