Sunday, March 8, 2015

Application

Alright so once you commented that you wanted me to mix in a little more philosophy in this. I'm very sorry about that because then I was just blindly blogging because you told us to do it. Anywho I will connect the book to my life and the class with existentialism. I think that talking about that subject kind of made everything come full circle because the two starting questions in the book were something lik "Who am I?" And "why am I here?". Sometimes I ask myself these questions when I'm at school, but it never goes as deep as Sophie and Alberto take it. Also at the beginning of the class you asked us a series of questions that were similar to what Sophie was asked, they all had to do with questioning our purpose here on earth and our existence. I think what I took away from the existentialism lesson is just that everybody is responsible for their own feelings- it doesn't matter that we didn't ask to be created, we're here now and we must make the best of it. Everybody has different ideas of who they are, where they came from, morals, and their purpose, but those are things we must figure out for ourselves. We get to choose to believe in whatever we want. There are hundreds of philosophers out there with thousands of different ideas of the answers to life- but I hknestly learned that no one has that one golden key. Even in our class when topics came up the responses we gave in our contained little environment varied so much; so that's how connect the book, learning, Kierkegaard, philosophy, and everything with my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment