Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Application

Here's the other application I owe you. I'm not really sure what the author wanted me to get from this book besides philosophy. I gues one theme can be not to believe everything right off the bat because things aren't always what they seem. Another theme could be that we shouldn't let age remove curiosity, with the philosophers being the ones climbing up the rabbit hair and the people who aren't curious nestled in. From this class I learned the wide variety of ideas about life that emerged over time. I still don't really believe in evolution, I do think we learn from experience but we still also have instincts, and I hope that one day I get to do all of the items on the bucket list you had us create. All in all philosophy and this book taught me that there are so many ways to look at things in this life- and I appreciate the fact that this class touches on a lot of subjects that haven't been discussed in school before, but that which I think are just as important as calculus and history and economics and such. We're all kind of like Sophie in a sense and you're kind of like Alberto because you showed us all the philosophers and posed questions to us to get us to find the answers to all of those philosophical questions- maybe that makes you a little more like Socrates or something since he was the one with the questions, plus he was actually a real person.

No comments:

Post a Comment